adverse effects: meditation, mindfulness and breathwork
Anxiety, panic, mania, flashbacks, dissociation, traumatic re-experiencing, psychosis and seizures are shown to be ‘precipitated and exacerbated’ in some people as observed by clinical psychiatrists and medical doctors, published in 16 research papers (1976 to 2018).
These are summaries of those large-scale studies, theories that may explain both reported health benefits and adverse effects, and clinical guidance developed for teachers and instructors to support practitioners-in-distress.
- ‘Meditation Safety Toolbox’
- Cheetah House – specialist support
- ‘Signs of Dissociation’ video
- ‘Trauma Sensitive Meditation’
- foundation & advanced pranayam
- ‘Body-Breath-Mind’ program
I do not receive funds for maintaining this blog. If you would like to make a donation or support monthly then please buymeacoffee (@notdissociate)